Ok, so I got the idea for this quilt MONTHS ago, but I finally got around to starting it more recently than that. Today I finished sewing together the top for a monkey quilt I’m making for my son’s birthday (he will be 2 in September). It’s my first non-T-shirt quilt, and on top of that I sort of made up the pattern as I went along, so it has its imperfections but I’m okay with that.
Here’s the top displayed on my son’s toddler bed:
Not the easiest thing to see, but it has monkey fabric framed in random green/brown/gold/tan scraps, then strips of green and banana fabrics in between.
Hopefully I’ll get the time to quilt, back and bind it before the week is out!