Again, I’m not going for creative names here. I had batts called “Zebras” and a batt called “Clifford” and I spun them and plied them together to create “Zebra Clifford.”
So far I have 178 yards of this yarn, about 9-10 WPI (Worsted weight). I also discovered this morning that last night a bit of the zebra batts escaped and wound up under my spinning chair, so I will spin that today and ply it with the leftover Clifford single. I’m going for the same weight so I can just add to the total yardage. I’m hoping to make a baby sweater out of this, either for Zack or a Rav pal. We’ll see if I have the yardage in the end.
I started this yarn on July 3rd; I spun Clifford on the 3rd and 4th and then on the 5th I spun the Zebras and plied them together. I’m feeling a little sore from this marathon spinning, but I’m going to persevere. I have a yarn that only needs plying, and I’m holding it in reserve for a day when I’m just too tired to draft and spin. 🙂
My next spinning adventure will be my Peacock Pheather BFL roving from Colorbug Yarns. The finished yarn will be a gift for one of my handspun swap recipients. Yay!