Well, I’m getting ready to start the Tour de Fleece, and I’m really excited. I’ve been doing some spinning this week to prepare myself for it (well, really, my fiber from LushMommy arrived and I couldn’t NOT spin it).
Here’s some yarn I made from a LushMommy artsy, chock full o’ extras batt:
The batt was called “Moroccan Door;” I’m thinking of calling the yarn “Moroccan All Night Long.” I’m just witty like that, what can I say? 😉 This is the first single; I’ve got about 1/2 an ounce left to spin on the 2nd single. I’m hoping to make a larger (longer) version of the Mustard Scarf with this yarn, open and meshy, then I’m going to sew on some gold pailettes to the short edges. In my head it’s going to look really cool.
I also finished spinning the 2ply Whale Wars yarn I previewed last week. I sent the big skein off to my friend Maggie and forgot to take pics, but here’s the second skein:
And I also spun up a braid of Superwash Merino from my pal Adrian of KnittinK. I’m calling it “Ice Queen” because it’s really pale and delicate blues and purples and white:
For the Tour de Fleece, I have the following goals:
- Spin only Phatfiber fibers.
- Spin every day, even if it’s only for a few minutes (except resting days).
- Blog every day or at least after finishing each yarn.
- Spin some for myself and some for my recipients in the upcoming Handspun Swap I’m doing.
- Try at least one new technique, maybe two (correspinning and navajo plying).
- Spin at least one yarn worth putting up for sale in my Etsy Shop.
Who else is ready to roll for the Tour? What are your goals? Andrea’s got some goals – go check them out for Fiber Arts Friday at the Wonder Why Gal’s Blog.
What’s YOUR Tour de Fleece Spinning Story?